Events at the Kennedy: Features and Facilities
The Kennedy Gold Mine is a non-profit museum, a CA Historical Landmark, and is listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places as the principal part of the Kennedy Mine Historic District. The mine is famous for the large amount of gold it produced, for having one of the tallest headframes in the Mother Lode, and for being the deepest gold mine in North America when it was closed by government order during WWII. The Kennedy is located about an hour east of Stockton & Sacramento, near Jackson, California, on 154 acres.
We Can Provide the Perfect Setting For You:
The Mine offers one of the best event venues in the Mother Lode with
many scenic backdrops for your event. From the mine you can see out over
the City of Jackson, and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Many of the historic
buildings and structures present a great atmosphere and add
interest to photographs. Large expanses of lawn, stages,
including an amphitheatre, are available for large or small events. A
period church is available for smaller, more intimate events. Generous
parking for 250 cars is available.
The Kennedy Has Many Features to Choose From:
- Gold mining ambiance set amid historic structures.
- Powered Museum Stage and expansive lawn seats 200-300.
- 1907 Mine Office with scenic lawn - seats 150+.
- 1877 Historic Clinton Church - intimate seating for 49.
- Powered amphitheatre stage with hillside bowl - seating 200.
- A large main parking area for 250 cars.
- Two modern bathroom facilities.
- Deep Pit BBQ.
- Large Standing BBQ.
- Full kitchen with stove, sink and refridgeration.
- Picnic Area with picnic tables under an awning.
- Fantastic historic backgrounds for photography.
Contact Us for a Great Experience!Contact us to select your preferred date. Our events coordinator will be happy to arrange a tour of the facilities for you, to discuss your needs and offer suggestions and services to help you have a perfect and memorable event.
The Kennedy Mine, located near Jackson California
The Interactive map for the Kennedy Mine and area
• Kennedy Events Coordinator Email: email@example.com
• Kennedy Mine (office/voice message): 209-223-9542
• Email the Kennedy Mine: firstname.lastname@example.org